How do you prepare for parent-teacher interviews?
Let’s talk about some of the best things you can do in advance and on the day to have your parent-teacher interviews run as smoothly as possible.
I know they can cause some nerves because you don’t always know what you’re walking into when it comes to parents, and after two years of irregular schooling, there are a lot of things to address with them. I want to share my tips for covering everything you need to and keeping it within your time limits.
Prep starts at the beginning of the year, but even if you’re just getting started as you near parent-teacher interviews, there are still things you can do!
If you have parent-teacher interviews looming, it’s time to get prepped and ready for them, and this episode will help you get started.
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- How to prep for parent-teacher interviews
- The importance of reaching out to parents with concerns ahead of time
- Sending home self-assessments
- What to communicate in writing versus face-to-face
- Setting up parent-teacher interviews efficiently
- Finding out what your parents want to discuss ahead of time
- How much time to plan with each parent
- How to stay on-topic and within your time limit
- Getting out of difficult situations with parents
- The importance of having an agenda
I hope this helps you feel more prepared for your next round of parent-teacher interviews. The more prep work you do in advance, the smoother your interviews will go. Trust me, I speak from years of experience.
If you like what you hear in this episode, take a look around www.madlylearning.com for more tips and tricks on teaching in the junior grades.
Don’t forget you can always catch the show on the Madly Learning YouTube channel!
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you following my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts. If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts.
Watch This Episode on YouTube:
Watch this week’s episode below, or head on over to my YouTube channel to watch this episode and many more!