Are you starting to get ready for summer vacation?
Before you get into full vacation mode to enjoy some well-deserved rest and relaxation, it’s a good idea to take the last few weeks of the school year to get prepped for next year. Trust me, it’s going to save you a lot of stress over the summer, especially when the back-to-school season comes around.
In this episode, I’m sharing my tips to prep for the next school year during the last few weeks before the summer.
You’d be surprised how much you can get planned and ready right now while you’re still in the classroom surrounded by resources and colleagues. I promise that the work you do now will pay off in September. You’ll be thanking yourself when you can enjoy a few more weeks of relaxation while everyone else is scrambling to get things together for the school year.
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- Preparing for the ability level of your class
- Familiarizing yourself with changes in the curriculum
- How to figure out what level your students will be working at
- Reviewing your long-range plans
- The value of looking at the year from beginning to end
- How to save time sifting through pages of Pinterest and Google searches
- Planning your resources for the year in advance
- Figuring out what you want your rules and routines to look like
- Reflecting on yourself as a teacher
Make the most of the time you have right now. Everything is winding down and you probably don’t have as much day-to-day planning to do as usual, which means now is the perfect time to get ahead on your planning for next year.
If you want access to a full year of resources, check out our Ignited Teaching programs at www.ignitedteaching.ca. These will make planning even easier and help you fit it all together throughout the school year.
Don’t forget you can always catch the show on the Madly Learning YouTube channel!
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you following my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts. If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts.
Watch This Episode on YouTube:
Watch this week’s episode below, or head on over to my YouTube channel to watch this episode and many more!