Watch it on YouTube
How does teaching language arts make you feel? Overwhelmed? Stressed out? Unsatisfied?
It is easy to feel frustrated when it seems like in order to create a rigorous language arts program that actually engages your students, you have to give up all of your free time because there are so many components that go into creating it. If this sounds like you, you are not alone.
The reality is that you can have a language arts program that has all of the components you need. You can engage your students in using their language skills all year long.
So what makes a good language arts program? In this episode, I am sharing all of the components you need to consider when creating the perfect program for your students.
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- How to get your free time back as a language arts teacher
- The components of a good language arts program
- How to engage students in using their language skills every day of the year
- Tips on how to scaffold your instruction
- Using open-ended activities or goal boards to differentiate your lessons
- Tips for creating a community of trust in the classroom
- How to adopt a spiral instruction approach
- Ways to relate the things that are happening in your literacy classroom to things that are happening in the outside world
Using these high yield strategies will help you design a language arts program that engages your students and puts them in the driver’s seat to take ownership of their learning.
If you want more help planning and scheduling your language arts program day to day, check out my masterclass to find out exactly how I structure my literacy program every week. Find out how long it takes, how I structure my centers and more. This is my A to Z guide on how to plan your language arts lessons. Check it out at ignitedliteracy.com/masterclass2021.
Don’t forget you can always catch the show on the Madly Learning YouTube channel!
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you following my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts. If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts.