Ever wondered how to get your students to love reading and writing? Love or need a that gives students more voice and choice in what they read and write. Keep students engaged in writing all year long while meeting curriculum standards.
Use research based strategies for teaching writing including
→ gradual release of responsibility
→ student led inquiry
→ teaching spelling and grammar in context
→ using mentor texts
→ teacher conferences which support the cycle of assessment
This is month 4 in this series
To get started please begin with month 1 (September)
This resources will:
- ✐ Give you a detailed schedule of what to do in your literacy block, including reading and writing
- ✐ Provides you with a read aloud guide that includes discussion and questioning prompts and teacher think aloud suggestions.
- ✐ Includes original shared reading texts each week.
- ✐ Teachin context with an ‘essential skills’ checklist
- ✐ How to use mentor texts as models to support good writing
- ✐ Writing mini-lesson guide that highlights effective instructional strategies
- ✐Engage your students in reading and writing
December for many teachers is a busy month full of interruptions. Minding the season, December is three weeks of lessons that focus on kindness.
This months unit is all about flexibility for the teacher!
Week #1 – Each Kindness by Jacqueline Woodson
Week #2 – The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig
Week #3 – Those Shoes by Maribeth Boelts
Weekly Differentiated Readings
In each package, there are 3 different texts that can be used for shared, guided or independent reading. Each text is provided at three different reading levels from grade 3-6. With this resource, you can assign the same story for many different students who are all reading at different levels.
Original Differentiated Reading Texts Included in December:
- Wanna Bet?
- Miya the Motivator
- The Chance to Advance
- N/A – WINTER BREAK
✍ With ‘Ignited Literacy’ your students will finally cheer when it is language arts instead of groan. And you as the teacher will have a solid plan to teach language, and fit it all in. ✍
There are no reviews yet.