Ever wondered how to get your students to love reading and writing? Love Genius Hour or need a differentiated approach that gives students more voice and choice in what they read and write? Keep students engaged in writing all year long while meeting curriculum standards.
⭐ Ignited Literacy is your answer ⭐
Use research-based strategies for teaching writing including
→ gradual release of responsibility
→ student led inquiry
→ teaching spelling and grammar in context
→ using mentor texts
→ teacher conferences which support the cycle of assessment
Get started with this implementation guide and in 15 days your class will be ready to love reading and writing in your classroom.
These resources will:
- ✐ Give you a detailed schedule of what to do in your literacy block, including reading and writing
- ✐ Provides you with a read aloud guide that includes discussion and questioning prompts and teacher think aloud suggestions.
- ✐ Includes original shared reading texts each week.
- ✐ Teach spelling, grammar, and conventions in context with an ‘essential skills’ checklist
- ✐ How to use mentor texts as models to support good writing
- ✐ Writing mini-lesson guide that highlights effective instructional strategies
- ✐ Student writing organizers for narrative, non-fiction report, persuasive report, and poem.
- ✐ Guide to making flexible writing groups that foster peer support and feedback
- ✐ Establish independent work skills in your students to prepare them for independent reader’s and writer’s workshop centers.
- ✐Engage your students in reading and writing
The focus this month is on poetry, while editing, revising and improving past work.
Books this month:
Week #1 – Emmanuel’s Dream by Laurie Ann Thompson
Week #2 – The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba
Week #3 – The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds
Week #4 – I Wish You More by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Weekly Differentiated Readings
In each package, there are 4 different texts that can be used for shared, guided or independent reading. Each text is provided at three different reading levels from grade 3-6. With this resource, you can assign the same story for many different students who are all reading at different levels.
Original Differentiated Reading Texts Included in June:
- Martha Misses Dance
- Saving the Old Growth Forests
- Angelica the Artist
- How to become a Published Artist
✍ With ‘Ignited Literacy’ your students will finally cheer when it is language arts instead of groan. And you as the teacher will have a solid plan to teach language, and fit it all in. ✍